I am so conflicted about applying for grad school that I might forever live in my bed.
Summer Goals to shake my depression:
- 30 minutes of some kind of activity every morning!
- read at least four articles about China out of class
- not. miss. a. single. translation. homework.
- learn at least one hour Chinese everyday
- do something with a friend every week
- figure out what to do or not to do for my master’s degree
- somehow become a straight A student to get some kind of scholarship for those master studies
- probably learn better english/french/spanish
- apply for internships in March 2015??
My boy turns 30 this July and I want to do something super special, but I am lacking ideas or money for the ideas I have.
Also I am going to fail a test on Tuesday, but I have to watch this Champion League’s final.
I might just die this semester
- the good thing is that all my classes (except Chinese) are pretty sweet
- I am taking a class on Japanese politics, society and economy within the last 5 years
- I am taking another class on East Asia’s economy, politics and globalization
- I am taking another another class on the UN and the possibilities of an international organisation
- all my lecturers are great, the reading is interesting and it’s a massive amount of work, but in the good way
- the bad thing is that I need to finish an essay (15 pages) until Monday in a week and I am beginning to doubt that will ever happen
- I need to write another essay about anything related to China’s political theory (I am keeping off writing that thing since 2.5 years)
- I need to really work harder on my Chinese, because we learn an average of 55 new vocabularies every week and I have so many grammatical problems and we write three tests and have an oral exam
- and I need to write my bachelor’s thesis over summer and do my bachelor’s defense and nothing will ever happen if I do not sit down and write this stupid stupid essay
- going to write it now
- also going to do yoga later
- also going to drink two more coffees before bed, because it is only 7 pm
- bye now
I’ll be in Morocco on tuesday. The first time since 2011 on the African continent - I can’t wait!
I think the best thing I’ve learnt was to stop being afraid of saying I love you first
- I might or might not have failed my Chinese exam
- but this semester is over
- …expect for those two essays I have to hand in…
- I am working pretty much every day this week
- I want to take the HSK Test for Chinese
- I am reading: Die Pilgerjahre des farblosen Herrn Tazaki by Murakami, Short Stories of John Cheever and Lettre International
- Took a walk with A. today to Kieztörtchen and had a nice coffee